Monday, October 1, 2007

"class started two hours ago, oh am I late?"

I procrastinating on studying for my calculus test tomorrow. I'm pretty good at it. It's over the applications of derivatives. You know, first derivative rule, second derivative rule, concavity and the such. I really not enjoying this chapter.



I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do next year. To tell you the truth, I'm trying to keep my options open, like visit various schools, try for better ACT scores and looking for some scholarships. It's a good thing. I don't want to change my mind last second and find that I haven't given myself very many options, but still, I can't lie, I want to go to Oregon. Another fact, I don't really want to go to school next year. I really want to move to Oregon, or some place like the such, live with who ever I could, find a job, be a part time "musician" (meaning I play my guitar a lot) and eventually gain state residency, then go to school the next year . Most the time I feel like that would set me back. Like if I were to take a year off, then I would be behind schedule. But really, I don't have a schedule. Maybe taking a year off is on my schedule and then I would be right on track. When I tell some people that, they hint that they don't think that it's the best idea. They might not mean to, but that's the gist I get. I don't think I would. I was talking to my dad the other day and he says that his biggest regret was not playing more before getting a career. I'm in no hurry to get a career. I just want to experience life, grow through other windows besides school.



I hope your having a good week. I get to sleep in on Wednesday because it's a late start day. Score!

6 comments:

Matt Fisher said...

Ryan, one word: Bozeman. Haha, I'm biased but chillin in Oregon or wherever sounds like a good plan. I kind of wish I had taken some legitimate time off. It has been good taking school slow but now I just want to be done. But you will figure it all out soon enough.

Bryce Perica said...

Don't think of college as a career decision. It isn't. It'll be a lot more fun that way.

Erik Haagenson said...

Yeah, look at me. Four years and done--now what? I am going to be in a similar, endless posiblity type situation like you are come May......and I like that idea.

Rachel L. said...

Taking a year off is pretty common. You aren't a failure if you do. You don't have to jump into anything. You'll be fine. Bryce is right.

Andy said...

word. make that 5

Aaron said...

6! Take a year off if you feel like it. It really is better to start school wanting to then feeling like you should. But only a year. Haha. Love you Ryan.