Tuesday, April 17, 2007

sometimes i want to cry

A letter to the head management of Chipotle-

It hurts. I went in on monday. I wanted my borrito and yes I do feel like I have the right to call it my borrito because when you eat it three times a week for years on end, you get the feeling of ownership. Chicken borrito, no beans and extra rice, corn salsa, cheese and a side of guacamole with a Arnold Palmer, half ice tea and half lemonade, with two lemons squeezed in.

But nonetheless, I was going through the line, ordering my borrito, this time without guacamole because I didn't have enough money. When I arrived at the end of my journey through the line, the cashier tells me 6.34$ at first it was simply uttter confusion. When I was told that the chicken borrito prices rose by 55 cents because it wasn't the normal, and impecably delicous chinken any more, my confusion turned into sheer outrage. I didn't turn on the chashier, they are very nice people. My favorite one is the short older lady who always smiles when I come. You should give her a raise because she knows my order without me telling her. But no I didn't turn on them, I didn't turn on the manager because I knew. I knew it wasn't thier fault. It wasn't thier choice. No David, Dawn and Joe decided something. They took thier chiikcen out of the line; the backbone of the meats, the heart of thier armada on the line, the reason I go to Chipotle and not to Qudoba or any other borrito place. Oh, trust me, I have choices. Qudoba, Santiago's, Illegal pete's and the quite miraculous...Big City Borrito. But no, I go to Chipotle. My dietary needs involved Chipotle. Yet now, I'm not sure.

Two main things bother me. The chicken, which I'm assuming to be one of the top two selling meat tiems at chipotle, was taken of the line. Retired for an unreleased amount of time. It was replaced by a new "Marinated Chicken" and personally...I'm not a big fan. I'm sure many people think that it is delicous. I trust that you guys have reason for the switch. But please, for the long time fan who makes 40 dollars a week and spends close to half of it on Chipotle, let me have my original chicken borrito. Give the customer the choice.

"I would like a chicken borrito," says the customer.
"Marinated or Original," says the line worker.

It's real simple. And I think alot of people would appriciate it. Oh, and for the other main thing that bugs me, well that i have to pay above six dollars. Please, I'm okay with a price raise. I understand completley. But you took away what I loved about Chipotle, relaced it with something not as good and want to charge me 55 cents more becasue it's "marinated". If I could still give the chashier a five and a one and be able to imidiateley turn for the drinks, I would be less frustrated. But now I have to give seven, and receive a hunk of chagne back, that I dont' know what to do with.

From a huge fan. Honestly I have gone out of my way many times to make sure that I have Chipotle and not a Qudoba or wherever. I have gotten in intense arguments about witch place is better and I have always sided with Chipotle. I am a Chipotle lover. So from me to you, personally, bring back the original chicken and if or when you do, let it be under six dollars. It's a reasonable price. We both can agree.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I honestly appreciate it very much.

-Ryan Haagenson

If you feel the same as I, and I know you do. Please go to www.chipotle.com, go to thier "speak" section, and tell them what you think. They promise that they will personally respond. Let the Original Ckicken movement begin.

1 comment:

Rachel L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.